Posts are organised like this – Latest months on top. Under each month, the posts are arranged in ascending order of date of publication. Please let me know via comments, if you find any of the posts linked improperly or not opening in a new tab. I will correct them.
- Finding a Ziploc Bag
- The Need For Approval From In-Laws
- The Need for Independence & Control
- News: High Rates of Suicide Among Indian Housewives
- The Lone Tissue
- My First Trip to Croatia – 1
- Now is the Best Time
- News: Air Pollution Kills 5 Million Death per Year
- Language Dilemas
- My Trip To Croatia – 2
- Will you refuse to date someone who sends you this SMS?
- Do natural cosmetics have a short shelf life?
- Can foreigners wear Indian accessories?
- News: Intolerantly Tolerant India
- Review: Laundry Detergents
- Bollywood Boycott
- News: Scientist advises student to put up with leering
- Office gossip
- News: Nobel laureates and sexism
- Much ado about a clock
- News: FDA Sets 2018 Deadline to Rid Foods of Trans Fats
- News: Gay marriage declared legal across US
- Music: Nevermind by Leonard Cohen
- To speak behind other’s backs is ….
- On Blackhat
- Some thoughts..
- What is curry?
- Mother Exchange Program
- Differences in work culture
- On wedding planning
- On my wedding
- Life Lesson #5 The power of email
- Links – All about gluten and health fads
- Links: Japan and sexual harassment
- When getting a wife is easy
- Dating advice – Don’t be a good girl
- Marriage advice
- Cold Pressed Juices
- Review: Chaiholics Singapore
- Marriage Advice – 2
- The book that changed my life in 2014
- Searching for a dress – India Trip #2
- News – Bollywood actresses speaking up
- On maternity leave and values
- Snippets of my life #6
- On writing block
- Snippets of my life #7
- The transformation
- Review: All Things Lavender – Lavender Chamomile Soap
- How to remove stains from a mug
- Pani Puri – Here I come
- Snippets of my life #5
- Gendered market segmentation
- Toilet Tales
- Mouna Ragam 1986 and my thoughts Part-2
- Why do hindu women wear bindi/pottu?
- Review: Austin Natural Soap Enchanted Rock
- Why do people pull back?
- 15 Reasons why I don’t like weddings
- Hola señorita
- On regrets
- Good girls don’t do that
- Review: Texas Scents Houston Soap
- Life Lessons # 3 – On procrastination
- The Sleeping Cat
- Just wondering
- Paid menstrual leave
- Review: Zum Bar Goat’s Milk Soap Geranium
- Exploring Sg – Serangoon
- That song on the radio
- Review: Aromas Solid Perfume
- On perfect beauty
- Flying by ANA
- Another reader
- News – Snake eats crocodile
- Vaseline instant fair
- How to pack for a trip in 5 steps
- Reblog – Why you should not visit the Tiger Temple
- Snippets of my life #4
- Love Vs Arranged Marriage
- My morning routine on NMDL
- 15 things I have in my bag
- Organic vegetables delivery in Singapore
- I like cleaning
- When nothing else matters
- Patriarchal Conditioning
- Listening to: Only time-Enya
- Life Lessons #1
- Passport envy
- Review: Plantlife Coconut Vanilla Aromatherapy Herbal Soap
- What can I eat during periods?
- Wash your hands
- Exploring Sg: Arab Street & Gotham City
- Women’s Magazines & Ethnic Representations
- Stereotypes in Condo Ads
- Listening to: Don’t Stop Believing – Journey
- Workers & Diplomats
- A conversation @ lunch today
- How people stand up for what is right
- Volvo truck live tests
- Holiday Frenzy
- Lush animal testing campaign
- Listening to: Mansa gelupu needera- Godavari
- Exploring Sg : LRT
- 12 Things to have at your work desk
- Review: Jamie’s Italian, Sg
- Periods FAQs
- Listening to: Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins – Top Gun
- I Am Not My Country Even Though I am – 2
- I am sorry
- Snippets of my life #3
- Telephone etiquette 101
- Review: Plantlife rosewood geranium aromatherapy herbal soap
- Game of thrones
- Reblog: Portrait of a birth
- Controlling women
- UN ad reveals how sexist we really are
- The unwritten dress code
- Song of the summer 2013
- A connection
- Snippets of my life #2
- Reblog: What is feminism?
- News: Violence against women in Asia
- Listening to: Nothing’s gonna change my love
- Will you be my friend?
- Sorry for existing
- Local train in Vancouver
- The Realization
- Nobody told him
- 3 things every woman needs to learn
- Comic: And she is getting married
- The Tar of Gluttony
- The view from the library
- Review: Mad Gab’s lip balm
- The Husband
- The Yogi Tea Bag
- Kate Middleton’s baby bump
- Chickpeas Salad with Olives & Tomato
- Food & Prada
- When feminism is a poison
- Tokyo airport
- Listening to: Kya hua tera vaada
- Review: Imagine Lavender Farm Soap
- Review: eos Lip Balm
- I got it!
- Review: Bombay cafe, Singapore
- Review: Dookudu’s love story
- Self Racism
- Once upon a time in high school
- How to confuse a dog
- Comic: Redemption of the fallen woman
- A dose of Singlish
- Marina Abramović
- Review: Sweet Cream Suds Barber Shop Soap
- News: Barack Obama and sexism
- That song on radio last night
- How to respond to a compliment
- How to hand out your business card
- Reblog: Imperfectly Perfect
- Conditioned into misogyny
- Why is female pleasure taboo?
- I am partial to..
- Single & bitchy
- News: Police beat up the young woman who complained of molestation
- News: Batman brings in suspect
- News: Domestic violence is not recognised as a crime in Russia
- I am back
- Review: Natpukkaga and my thoughts
- Reblog: Why the Govt’s Ordnance is Fraud & Mockery of the Justice Verma Committe Recommendations: Bekhauf Azaadi Campaign
- Culture & civilizations? Bah!
- Holiday 2013 #1
- Reblog: Being small
- Snippets of my life #1
- Period Myths 6 – Do not touch babies
- Holiday 2013 #2
- Song in my head – The Hobbit
- Review: Dabanng 2 and my thoughts
- When will we grow up?
- Responses which make you sad
- Tea, coffee & no caffeine
- The green balloon
- Black sanitary ware
- Listening to – Euphoria Phir Dhoom
- Beauty and sex
- Inefficiency in university administrative offices
- Facebook leads to envy & resentment
- The tale of a brother & a sister
- Voice mail
- You know it is a miracle when
- If yesterday was a miracle…
- A Short Haircut
- Empowering sex workers
- Another random weekend – 1
- Another random weekend – 2
- Another random weekend – 3
- Mouna Ragam (1986) and my thoughts
- Listening to -If I could turn back the time
- Attitudes like these
- My thoughts on A Billion Wicked Thoughts
- Let us not forget
- Search terms that lead to my blog
- Random thoughts on honesty and straight forwardness
- The ending of Ramayana and other epics
- A random weekend
- Why I don’t enjoy too much of Facebook
- Beauty investments
- Violence in our daily speech
- Swear words
- LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT’S WIFE
- Animal Photography by Tim Flach
- I want to live alone
- THE STORY OF MY WATER BOTTLES
- Observations about marriages in patriarchal societies – 1
- Observations about marriages in patriarchal societies – 2
- Observations about marriages in patriarchal societies – 3
- Observations about marriages in patriarchal societies – 4
- Warm temperatures leads to higher productivity and nicer people
- Why I Write This Blog
- Being married gives you social status to a woman
- Reading: Archie’s Americana Best of the Forties Part I
- Glass frogs for real
- Reading: Archie’s comics
- Aliens or Squids
- Tough Little Customer
- Great! Indian Women Have Company
- The Irony of “What Will People Say?”!
- Transformation of the Maid
- Random Ramblings About a Toilet Seat
- Malnutrition in India
- Finally a Library!!!
- Promoting Misogyny in the Name of Culture
- I love Stephanie Plum books
- Who is The Indian Uncle?
- Why I write what I write
- Review: Ecostore Rose and Cardamom Body Wash
- Blog Post Number 101
- Listening to : Aaj jaane ki zid na karo
- Why? – The Big Bad West Edition
- Herbal Tea
- Women with free will are treated with no respect!
- Men Not Allowed!
- Reblog: Moira Johnston
- What Happens in Hell?
- She was Provocatively Dressed!
- A Tarot Reading
- English Please!
- Facebook Friends
- Period Myths – 5 [Final]
- Reflections on Anger
- It does not matter how awesome you are as long as you are not married
- No Communication Rule in Arranged Marriages
- Period Tales
- List of Organic Cosmetic Stores in Singapore
- Marriage in India is like getting a kitchen appliance
- I don’t want to go home because they will get me married
- How to Write a Proper Ad
- This is What They Think but What They Shall Never State
- Reblog : Guwahati mob molests girl
- Reblog: In The Land of Maha-abuse
- Who is This?
- Why Scientists Wear Labcoats…
- Knees or Hands – What Does it matter?
- The Story of My Life
- Women Should Behave if They do not Want to be Molested – Seriously?!
- Random Gratitude
- Thesis Proofreading
- Thesis Writing in Progress
- Boiling Wok Is
- Share It If You Love India!!
- Reading: Women’s bodies Women’s wisdom
- Review: Avado Sensitives Certified Organic Face Cream
- Satyamev Jayate – Female Foeticide in India with English Subs
- What is Religion?
- Why? – Roles but No Personality Edition
- Reblog:Robbery and Rape
- I Am Not My Country Even Though I am
- The Bus Journey
- Blasphemy – 1
- More cooking – 2
- The Concept of Beauty
- Review : Filthy Farmgirl Soaps
- Spicy Vegetables
- Period Myths 4 – Do Not Touch a Menstruating Woman
- Review : Logona Organic Mint & Witch Hazel Cleansing Foam
- Blasphemy 2 – Women and Religious Texts
- I don’t want to fight anymore – Reblog
- Review : Bentley Organic Detoxifying Bodywash
- What If We….
- Beautiful Birds
- Review: 100% Pure Pink Grapefruit Body Wash
- All they ask for is a choice
- I am married and you are not!
- Every Woman Must Get Married
- Period Myths 1: Do Not Touch Plants
- Bugs, Dragonflies and Elephants
- This is what is wrong with our society
- Lessons from Indian Weddings – 1
- Period Myths 2: Disposal of Sanitary Napkins
- Clothes Before and After Marriage
- Why I am a Feminist
- Should we listen to our society?
- Period Myths 3 – Do Not Touch Pickles and Water
- Arranged Marriage
- Would You Still Love Me If?
- My Cooking
- Lack of Sanitation for women
- Rape and a lame Indian judiciary
- Real science and research
- Education does not mean we do not take dowry..
- Ten years ago…
- Why? – Valentine’s Day Edition
- Why? Because I am an Indian woman!
- What Mr. scientist did this week….
- You are not of the right colour
- We don’t want daughters-in-law, we want dowry giving robots
- Why? The wedding Edition
- Banana Cake
- Does every woman have to sacrifice her principles on the altar of marriage?
- Why do they hate men?
- Why I never cooked till…
- Why we don’t want daughters
- What struck me the most when I moved out of India