Hello There! Welcome to my blog!I am Boiling Wok [that’s not my real name]. I prefer being anonymous at this point in time, so you could address me by my blog’s name. One of the most frequent characters appearing on my blog is Uncle who is my husband.
The name came about when I was discussing with someone and they felt it described me pretty well. I am small but can have quite a temper [but I rarely explode in people’s faces but am often quite blunt which many people dislike] and a wok is very Asian. It fits perfectly because I am an Indian and currently in south-east Asia.
This blog is a mix of personal + feminism + other random stuff. I make lists for almost everything and love organizing and it is evident throughout my blog.
I focus on:
- Social issues – I have always loved to observe and comment on society, gender, race, culture. From boring telling my friends my opinions, I have moved to blogging about it.
- Natural beauty and holistic health – I have always been interested in natural/clean beauty and now with easy access and wide range of organic/natural cosmetics available, I have been trying out various products and reviewing them. Also, I keenly follow the health and food movements and analyse them as much as I can.
- Minimalism – I have always loved simplifying and imagined a minimalist lifestyle even when I was young. I love decluttering (it gives me an adrenaline boost!) and am constantly looking at ways to improve and move my life towards minimalism.
- Environmentalism – Another cause I always was into as long as I remember and I try to be as eco friendly as I can without driving myself or others nuts. And I don’t like being preachy about it and know most people do not.
- Science and research – Once upon a time, I was a scientist and still am in my life. Have not blogged a lot on this aspect but will one day.
- Random things
Do look around and read my post and I always love feedback 🙂
If you wish to contact me, you can find my email on the Contact Me page.