Updated on June 8, 2016
Dear Book Readers,
Try as I might, I cannot forget the trauma I endured today, when I was reading a book and feel the urge to say this for the common good of mankind and all library users.
DO NOT pick your nose and stick the boogey with your thick black nose hairs on the pages of the book. Doing it even on a page is not okay but doing that on every page from page 15 to 60 is unacceptable. Makes me wonder, how hairy your nose is!
Pointers on how to take care of a book
- Do not pick your nose while reading a book.
- If you do, wash your hands.
- Stick the hair and boogey in a tissue and wash your hands.
- Do not stick the boogey with hairs onto every page you read. A book is not the place to stick your nose hair you plucked with your fingers.
- If you do, clean the shit up! With alcohol. Just don’t do it, please.
- If you want, do this with your own books not borrowed library books. Because nobody wants to discover your hair stuck on every page for 2 chapters.
Besides, the book was meant for medical students and people with advanced science degrees, not 3 year old kids. God help me, if you are a doctor.
P.S: I cannot bring myself to read the book now but I diligently cleaned the pages with a sanitizer. Don’t ask me why.
Updates: I went to the library and showed the book to the librarian. I had missed out on cleaning 3 pages which was good because I could show the librarian the condition of the book. I told them to create some educational poster telling people not to do that! Phew!