Madh Mama has nominated me to participate in the Sisterhood of the World Q&A!
Madh Mama blogs about intercultural relationships and her life being married to an Indian and all the drama that comes along with it. I love reading her blog because it is an authentic account of the everyday life of a woman. I really hate it when people are fake and act like life is all hunky dory on social media. Besides,
I totally love gossip. Hmm.. maybe I should blog about my personal life more because people would love to know behind the scenes life of Boiling Wok 😛
Read Madh Mama’s Q&A here.
Questions for me:
1. What’s your morning routine?
My morning routine can be split into 2 parts which are not convergent at the moment – the real one and the fantasy one.
My fantasy routine:
- I bounce out of bed without alarm around 6:00 AM
- Do some yoga, meditation and journaling
- Cook a healthy lunch and breakfast for the day
- Have a nice breakfast in a mindful way
- Get ready using my natural and healthy beauty routine
- Go to office on time at 8:30AM
My real routine:
- Wake up 10 minutes after turning off 2 alarms between 7:30-8:25AM
- Rush to the bathroom and think of 3 things I am grateful for if I remember to.
- Do 5 minutes of stretching sometimes but I always feel great when I do it, so I am trying not to skip it.
- Have a quick shower
- Wash my face with raw honey or milk – hey, at least part of my natural beauty routine is in place.
- Drink water with saffron
- Take my food and tea, if any which is usually prepared the night earlier
- Reach office anywhere between 8:40-9:20 AM
- Turn on the computer in office
- Drink my chai and eat some snacks and fruits in office.
2. What are the best books you’ve read lately, and why?
I have been reading a lot lately and consuming a high number of graphic novels recently because they are quick reads and fun.
I am currently reading and enjoying more than expected – Blaft anthology of pulp fiction which I thought would be no fun and ToxinToxout.
3. What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Dating and marrying my husband considering that he was not Indian 😀
4. What are you an expert at?
Organizing, decluttering, reading, making anything and everything into stepwise bulleted points and doing nothing and staring at the wall for a real long time.
5. In what way are you similar to your family, and in what way are you different?
Stubbornness is a trait we all share. I am different in terms of religious and cultural beliefs, my interest in holistic health, organic cosmetics and minimalism.
6. What’s your craziest goal?
Not a goal per se but I would love to set a lot of things right if I ever became the political leader of India but I am not interested in joining politics and I am aware that it is going to be one of the most draining experiences of my life.
7. In what ways do you hope the world will be different as you age?
I hope it becomes everything we wished for the in the 60s/70s with optimism like science improving our lives dramatically and not in a pessimistic way like earth destruction or some deadly virus spreading all over or our lives taken over by zombies.
8. What’s on your travel bucket list?
A hell lot of places ranging from so many places in India to Americas – north and south to Europe to Australia. Basically everywhere. I haven’t travelled much lately except going to the USA. Also, I like slow travel which means more time off needed 😛
9. What’s your biggest pet peeve about your spouse/partner?
Can be quite critical of things and sometimes I just am not in the mood to listen.
10. Who would you cast to play you in a movie based on your life?
Frankly I cannot think of a single person for this role 😀
My nominations are:
My questions are:
- One beauty product you would recommend to your girlfriends
- Three books everybody must read
- Favourite online shopping site
- Favourite phone app
- One dish you are really good at making and its recipe