This is a month of with lots of to-do’s:
- Every year during school holidays, the local libraries double the number of books one can borrow. This time, I go into an overdrive and borrowed 10-12 books (Remaining 4 slots for Uncle). Now, I have a huge pile of books waiting to be read and be returned by their due dates – talk about books making you feel guilty ha ha.
- I still have a lot of TV series + movies to watch.
- Lots of blog posts to read. Usually I am on top of my emails and blog reading. Last week, I guess not.
- My cooking projects – kinda running along. Hey, at least I made a chocolate cake, so that’s great.
PackingGathering stuff and+ shopping for an upcoming trip
- Language practice – slowed down, I hope to pick it up.
Last night as I was walking home, I saw something stuck onto the stairs. I was not sure if it was a frog or a moth or a dried leaf/flower. I wanted to take a closer look at it but people were walking by. I used a leaf to poke it because I felt I was imagining things and it was live and it let out a tiny squeak but did not budge. I took a photo but did not really try to get a better one because:
- people were walking by and I don’t want to seem like a creep taking photos of people’s legs.
- my photography skills are not great.
- I was very nervous that I was going to disturb it and it was going to fly in my face or scurry away (mainly this).
Upon close examination, it seemed like a baby bat to me! I haven’t seen one live before.
I check the stairs in the morning on my way to office and it was gone!