I am back and I am trying to get out of my not-writing inertia. Learn MS Office Word + Excel basics (or the Apple version). There are so many small things to learn which we never bothered about. I learnt a lot of them when I had to format my thesis and help others format thesis and some of these tricks save you lots of time and effort. For example,
- Sorting out things in alphabetical order
- Aligning 3 pictures perfectly.
- Creating page breaks so that all your contents do not move down when you add in something.
- Adding an auto table of contents.
- Using reference software.
One can do so much with basic Office skills!