This is my blog post number 101!
Surprisingly, though my blog means a lot to me, lot of people I know – my family or close friends or acquaintances do not really actively follow or support my blog. The reasons (known by simply asking and my deduction) include –
- They don’t really care
- They are not into reading.
- They are not into the topics my blog covers
- They do not really like my ideas or my way of looking at things
- They want me to fit in the society and start thinking the other way round. If I am writing then I am thinking about this.
- The oft cited reason is that it is too depressing. It reminds them of their own life. It reminds them of the problems of the society we live in and the fact that they cannot do anything. It reminds them of the system they are involuntarily a part of and the things they cannot change. They have enough reminders of it in their lives. They do not want to read it again on my blog.
In a way, the last reason is true for me too, which is why I often write about other topics now. This blog was initially started to channel my anger over patriarchy in India and deal with the issues I had due to it. I think my anger cooled down a lot because I write and because I chose to cut myself off this entire system.
Surprisingly, I got a lot of support and encouragement for this blog from unexpected friends and strangers alike and I want to thank all of you for that 🙂
A special thanks to Uncle who encouraged me to write this blog and is still one of my loyal supporters/readers.
Of course, this blog is even more awesome because I write it 🙂
Uncle adds “because it is Uncle’s idea!”