About the author:
Christiane Northrup, M.D., is a visionary pioneer and the world’s leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness. Dr. Northrup is a leading proponent of medicine that acknowledges the unity of mind, body, emotions, and spirit. Internationally known for her empowering approach to women’s health and wellness, Dr. Northrup teaches women how to thrive at every stage of life. Following a career as a practicing physician in obstetrics and gynecology for over 25 years, Dr. Northrup has dedicated her life to inspiring women to flourish. She encourages women to create health on all levels by tuning into their inner wisdom.
About the Book:
From the Book Cover – Dr. Christiane Northrup’s vision of mind-body wellness has received an extraordinary response from women all over the world.
Her groundbreaking classic, now completely revised, Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom powerfully demonstrates that when women change the basic conditions of their lives that lead to health problems, they heal faster, more completely, and with far fewer medical interventions.
Inside you will discover:
• New material on sexuality—and how to have a more fulfilling sex life.
• The spiritual and scientific principles behind healing from terminal illnesses, and how you can utilize these principles for your own health and the health of others.
• Vital information about how to truly dissolve PMS and ease menstrual cramps.
• Extraordinary facts on Vitamin D—and why it is crucial for breast, cardiovascular, and immune system health.
• The importance of the preconception diet and how to greatly decrease your risk of birth defects. • How to birth naturally, despite the current induction and C-section epidemic.
• All you need to know about thyroid function, including proper blood tests.
• Life-saving facts about cellular inflammation—the root cause of all chronic degenerative diseases—and how to prevent this condition.
• The essentials on the “fountain of youth molecule”—and how to enhance your levels of it for vibrant health.
In short, the book talks about women, their health, connections between mind, beliefs, emotions, physical body and health and how to improve our well being by becoming aware of our patterns and making use of these connections. It is about health, feminism and a cross of science and spirituality.
I know lot of people will be put off reading this because of the sheer number of pages. So I shall be posting a summary and the most important ideas of each of the chapters as I read and assimilate it because I am so awesome and nice 🙂