The story of a haircut…..
Haven’t we all heard this before?
- Do not leave your hair open! Only homeless destitute (prostitutes) woman do that. Tie up your hair!
- You are getting married in 2 months. Do not cut your hair short.
- You are married. You cannot cut your hair short now.
- You cannot try new funky hairstyles now that you are married.
- Do not comb your hair after it grows dark. Only ghosts do that or some spirits will come and get you.
- Never ever wash your hair or leave it open after the sun sets. Only ghosts leave their hair open at night.
- A proper traditional woman has hair till her hips, properly oiled and braided.
Reminder: To all you women out there – Your body is not your own. The society shall decide what to do with it.